From what region are the stable owners?

victorhurtado
 Hi! I just read your article about the stables and their people and I have a question. Does the game ever states from what region they are? I know they say they are nomadic people, but frankly, you don't see them outside stables ever. Based on their clothing style that seems to be for cold weather, id put them near the Hebra region. Where would you place their origin?

P.S. Have you considered moving this to a reddit sub? I pass by whenever I remember, but I am sure there would be more activity in a public forum area.

Re: From what region are the stable owners?

hennethannun
Administrator
That's a very specific question! And, truth be told: we have no idea. If I had to offer an answer, I would say that the common clothing doesn't come from any specific region (like the architecture of the stables, which is fairly unique in itself) but is a uniform decided upon by the Stable Association. It's probably just another aspect of the standardization you find across all stables in Hyrule. While the clothing does seem like it might come from a colder climate, I'm not sure where in Hebra they'd come from; there aren't any settlements in Hebra -- just a few scattered cabins that certainly couldn't hold such a population of stable-keepers and their families. My assumption is that they've just been living nomadic lives, and that such clothes are beneficial to a traveling lifestyle (which would take them into all sorts of weathers and environments). That's a best guess based upon very limited information, however!

In response to your last question: I don't actually have reddit, but I'd be fine with other people taking discussions (topics or points) there! I kind of live under a rock, haha.
"There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person."

- G.K. Chesterton

Re: From what region are the stable owners?

victorhurtado
This post was updated on .
Disclaimer: I am writing this down a second time because I accidentally closed the tab.

heheheh, I know!

I play tabletop roleplaying games, and i've been trying to put together a campaign setting to play in Hyrule, but the games only have superficial information about peoples of Hyrule, so I've been searching elsewhere for it. That's how I found your website a few years back!

I just started a new BotW game so I can visit the stables and check the dialogue of each stable employee. Here are my findings:

Blynne says:  "I grew up taming horses 'round these parts. I'm confident there's not a rider in Hyrule better'n me." He is located in the Highland Stable, near Fural plain, a place filled with horses.

In the same stable, Perosa says that nomadic tribes used to gather there until raiders took over the plains. Considering the highland stable is very close to the Horse God's fountain, it is possible that these nomadic tribes originated from Faron, especifically the Fural plain. It would explain their close connection with Malanya.

Rensa states "It might be hard to imagine now, but this place was nearly destroyed about 100 years ago. However, thanks to the blessings of the Dueling Peaks, everything is full of life again. Even the wild horses are back. There's a lot of energy in this place!" Nearby is Blatchery Plain. Perhaps these nomadic tribes roamed the plains of Hyrule and periodically gathered in the Fural plain to be near Malanya? perhaps an annual festivity of sorts.

Several employees of the stable don't seem to be part of the nomadic people that own the stables, one in particular, Trott, speaks of wanting a stable of his own, but his employers are overworking him.

I am halfway through. I will continue tomorrow and edit this post.

Edit: Finished all the stables. None of the employees say anything remarkable about the stables, except for Aya, from East Akkala Stable, who states that her life became dull after marrying into the family.

Re: From what region are the stable owners?

hennethannun
Administrator
Yeah, from what I recall, there isn't much info they divulge about the stables themselves. We don't know much about their culture prior to the events of Breath, where things seem pretty well standardized. That said, an annual gathering of nomads in a given place seems perfectly plausible to me.

Find out anything else from the rest of the stable owners?
"There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person."

- G.K. Chesterton

Re: From what region are the stable owners?

victorhurtado
Sadly, that was it for BotW. I'm doing a fresh run of ToTk to see if they share anything new through dialogue. There's nothing so far.

Re: From what region are the stable owners?

hennethannun
Administrator
Yeah, I haven't noticed too much of note from the stable owners. Only that they have a newfound interest in art!